"We're making Britain an even safer place to live, work, and raise a family with our action plan to tackle crime," said North Wiltshire MP James Gray welcoming news that crime is falling.
"Latest figures from the independent Office for National Statistics show that since 2010 recorded crime in Wiltshire has fallen by 12 per cent thanks to our plan, and the hard work of police officers across the county."
"Families are safer and more secure, and North Wiltshire can enjoy a better, brighter future."
The Government is following an action plan to tackle crime by:
- freeing the police to fight crime by cutting red tape and scrapping unnecessary targets,
- giving criminals tougher sentences so communities are protected and justice is done,
- giving the police the powers they need to tackle criminals, using the latest tools and techniques,
- stopping people from becoming criminals by tackling the root causes of crime,
- making the police answer to the community to help drive down crime in your area.